Monday, December 31, 2018

Celebrating 2018


-->
Today is a naturally defining moment, an opportunity to reflect on the past 12 months and celebrate 2018.

For several years I've written a year-end review using questions provided by my friend Barbara Richards, a Master Certified life coach and author of Give Your Dream a Plan. I'm going to do this later today, from a window seat at my favorite coffee shop. I'll sip extra-hot café mocha while savoring the experience of reflecting on the past year. I'll bring completion to 2018. 


I invite you to join me in this exercise. Schedule a special time and place to contemplate the following questions. Record your responses, either in an electronic document or a favorite journal. This exercise should be done leisurely. If you're busy preparing for a New Year's Eve party, wait until another time. There isn't magic in doing the exercise on December 31.

What was the tone of the year? If I could capture the feeling of the year in a metaphor, what would it be?

What did I accomplish that I feel pleased about? What are the highlights, the best things in last year? What brought me the most joy? What unexpected good came into my life?

Where did I demonstrate courage over comfort?

What intentions are unfulfilled? What didn't happen that I wanted to? What have I learned from this, and will do differently in the future?

How have I grown as a person? What qualities have I strengthened or developed? Who have I become?

What were the gifts of the year?

When we take time to reflect, we honor the past year. We experience the joy of gratitude. We prepare our heart and mind for 2019. Happy New Year!

Copyright 2018. Patrice Jenkins. All Rights Reserved.


No comments: